Friday, March 27, 2015

Etho: Six Months in the Making

We're approaching the end of the month, and I'm officially done with turning in homework/missions for imaginary points.

That doesn't mean I don't like it.

But I'm going up to New York for spring break, and since the new month of missions and then quests (we'll get to that in a minute) will begin while I'm away...I've been holding off on some smaller commissions.

But that didn't stop me from turning in an old Etho for Detention at Hogwarts this month:


He's been loafing about in a plastic bag, waiting for a new order to come in for him (or for him to come around on the commission schedule) since a cancellation last year.

Though I'm not 100% sure of the yardage, it's estimated between 1200-1400 yards (someday I will actually have to do a proper measure).  That qualified me for this badge:


And next month, the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup will be on hiatus--but I'll be able to sign up for sorting if I so choose!

In the meantime, the new Doctor Who-themed challenge entitled Time Lord Travels begins in April.  I have been put on Team Dalek (Exterminate!) and hope to make some decent contributions to the team.  There are reportedly four quests each month, as well as the over-arching Time Vortex Challenge (like an Away Mission or an OWL).

So in April we're looking at:

- 6 Starfleet missions + Brig + Away Mission
- 4 Timelord quests + ???

I don't have a proposal in place for the Time Vortex Challenge.  I wanted to sign up the next plushie on my commission schedule, but the gal who ordered it isn't sure she can afford him anymore.  So for now I'm planning like she's canceled and I'll have the freedom to work ahead on the next commission, or focus solely on the small ones.

I've packed a few of those to take with me (ponies and monkeys and BTCs oh my!) to NY, and I probably won't be able to blog much while I'm there.

So to you, my faithful readers, I say: Craft and vacay on!

(I'll see you in April!)

No comments:

Post a Comment