Friday, January 30, 2015

Gaithersburg Stole

I have a bad habit of browsing Amazon under my husband's account and then adding things to his wish list because I'm too lazy (or I forget) to log in as myself.  (Besides, he's the one with Amazon Prime, so...)

Somewhere else on the Internet (probably Ravelry) I discovered a link to this book:
Amazon listing here.

I put it on his wish list for later; I don't actually have many physical crochet books, and the ones I do have are stitch-teaching guides with small projects in them that I would never do (like wire crochet for jewelry).

So when my wonderful in-laws were looking for Christmas gifts on the Panda's Amazon list, they knew that this book hadn't been put on the list by their son.  They bought it for me, along with a $50 gift card to Hobby Lobby...which is where I purchased the yarn for this:

The only problem with this picture is that I'm a derp.
This is the wrong side of the finished piece.

This is the Gaithersburg Stole pattern from somewhere in the middle of the book, and I crocheted it with Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn!  in Royal.  It took me 4.5 skeins of yarn, and I did not do the tassels originally pictured:


It's nothing personal against the pattern; I just know my personal propensity to drag things through dirt, leaves, etc.  Fringe attracts all sorts of stuff, and if I ever had to wash the piece...I can't imagine the nightmare.

So, I chose to do a different edging:

This is the Pom Pom Edge pattern by Robin Sanchez.

This is a gorgeous wrap, and I made it specifically for Shadowmoor (my LARP chapter), as blue is one of my guild colors.  But it's fancy enough to wear for work and I've received compliments both times I've brought it in.  (Would you believe they keep the AC on in my building year-round?)

Of course, making this stole for myself was the primary reason I haven't done much work on Guude...but I'm recovering!  I did his hands last night, so maybe I'll be able to assemble his arms today!

In any case, have a great weekend, and craft on!

No comments:

Post a Comment