Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Lootz!

Courtesy of my wonderful husband (and the fine folks at Ript Apparel), I opened these lovely little beauties a couple days ago:

Tile coasters featuring the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

This style reminds me very much of Game of Thrones or some other type of house crest.  Dragon Age?  All I know is: I want to be in the yellow guild!  (Because Trini is my favorite.)

I'm not entirely sure what the tiles are made from; they're very heavy and have irregular (yet still smooth) edges.  Some close-ups (to the best of my ability) follow:


Mastodon!
Ordo Proboscidea


Pterodactyl!
Ordo Pterosauria


Triceratops!
Triceratops Horridus


Saber-Toothed Tiger!
Smilodon Fatalis


Tyrannosaurus!
Tyrannosaurus Rex


Dragonzord!
Draconis Monstrum

These are so gorgeous, I'm afraid to put any drinks on them!  I'm considering applying a spray-on clear, waterproof sealant to the tops before allowing them anywhere near my coffee table.

Or I could just keep compiling a nerd coaster collection that never gets used.  These go so well with the two Doctor Who coasters I bought at the SC Comicon last year!

One final picture:


Now I want to stencil t-shirts or something with these designs.  Must...resist...

Too much crochet to catch up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment