Friday, May 29, 2015

Etsy Spotlight: TheWindFish

I've been doing it again.  Yes, that.  Browsing Etsy when I should be doing other things.

But really, it's not my fault.  It keeps suggesting fabulous video game related items, and I keep favoriting them!

I love simple expressions of fan love, and when I found the little shop called TheWindFish, it was just so whimsical and charming that I couldn't help but browse all the things.

The shop is owned by Janelle, and she is simply amazing!  Her simplistic jewelry designs are very cute, affordable, and make the fangirl in me squee just a little bit.

In particular:

The Lord of the Rings, available here.
She makes a set of four with the entire poem.

From Dragon Age: Origins, available here.
Alistair's saying to his love interest.

If you remember my previous post about video game relationships, then you know that Alistair has a special place in my fangirl heart.  But not so much as the calibration-loving turian who said this to my FemShep in Mass Effect:

So guess which one I bought?
This Garrus Vakarian-inspired bracelet is available here.

I love everything about this bracelet, but the thin cord for the band just wasn't going to survive the harsh use I put my jewelry through.

Luckily for me, the Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup offered a non-Ravelry craft option for the Defense Against the Dark Arts homework: craft something that has a final hardening step.

So, I replaced the band of the bracelet with hemp, and super-glued the knots to make them solid.

Professors, I received a charming bracelet in the mail, but I looked at the cheap Muggle band to which the focal bead was attached and knew I could use a fortify spell to turn the simple blue string into three-ply hemp. Additionally, I applied some of Mendigann’s Magical Glue to the frayed knots in order to set them into shape and harden them against continual usage. Thank you for your time!

My turn in photo:

I'm especially proud of my 'best defense' saying, which is totally accurate.

I doubt this will be the last time I make a band for this charm, but I like my first attempt!

Although TheWindFish is on a short hiatus at the moment, be sure to check out Janelle's store for many gamer, nerd, and/or custom designs!

Craft on!

No comments:

Post a Comment