Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm Going on an Adventure!

"I'm going on an adventure!"

That has to be one of the most evocative lines spoken or printed.  Add to it the image of young Bilbo Baggins sprinting as fast as his furry feet can carry him through the garden gate, down the dirt path from his front door, and along the winding roads of the Shire to catch up with a band of Dwarves seeking to find a home of their own, and you've got it.

Now, I don't imagine that blogging my craftsies and occasional thoughts is going to be quite as epic as something Mr. Tolkien (and Mr. Jackson) pulled off.  But stepping out into the world of the Internetz is an adventure (and a risk) all the same.

Have you thought about it?  There are trolls everywhere!  (Okay, I couldn't help myself.)  Although the similarities don't end there, I suppose.  There are portals to strange places, gateways to good or evil...gems to be found and people you meet in odd places, quite unexpectedly.

Of course, after awhile the metaphor disintegrates.  And you're left wondering: who is this crazy person?

Well, in the manner of Peter Pan, take my hand...and let us have an adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment